Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hair & Beauty Finds in Paris

We all know how hard it can be moving to a new place. Having to find your go-to places for hair and beauty is an utmost priority that unfortunately can drag on longer than you'd like. When I moved back to Paris for exchange, this was my exact dilemma, so I've compiled my favorite places here on my blog.

Hope this helps someone out there on the innawebs - especially my women of color! It's especially a struggle to find products for our textures and someone to style our manes.



Eyebrows

Stella Centre de Beaute Indien - Located in the Strasbourg-St. Denis area, this shop is clean, friendly and inexpensive at only 7 euros. I've always gotten consistent service. Be sure to indicate if it's only a clean-up (seulment nettoyer) and not to make it "trop mince" if you don't want to thin brows. It happens - so clarify upfront! Pro-tip, avoid the Chateau D'eau stop if you can! Get off at Strasbourg St. Denis. Trust me!




Waxing

Body'Minute - This place is like the a European Wax Center, affordable, multiple locations, clean and consistent. A full Brazilian is called an "epilation integral" and will run you 35 euros.


Nails


Nail Minute

The same company that owns Body Minute also has a nail component Nail Minute! You could kill two birds with one stone at any location. Prices are also reasonable and they do a consistent, good job!

Dupin Nail Bar

Fantastic find near the Saint-Germain area. The place is small but the service is very personal. The owner is an adorable Vietnamese woman that is very meticulous about her work. Truly understands the art of service, she even offered me tea and tartine after hearing my stomach growl :) Be prepared to be well pampered - but make sure to book an appointment!


Hair


Francanne

I discovered this salon around the Pere Lachaise metro stop.

It's a smaller shop but depending on what you need it could fit the bill. I went and took down my micro braids, got a wash and conditioning treatment and styled in goddess braids. This was all done for a reasonable price and most importantly they had excellent service. The location was in a quiet neighborhood and my stylist was very courteous, even serving me some delicious tea and biscuits :)


The salon doubles as a beauty supply store, so you could pick up some products here as well!






Chateau D'eau

Depending on your needs you could go to the Chateau D'eau area for a wide range of ethnic beauty products and styling. However, I'm so turned off by this area because of the swarm of aggressive men who harass you to come to their salons. Every time I've gone, I've gotten so angry, often-times raising my voice to them to "ne touche moi"! But if you're curious or absolutely need to there are good finds along the strip. I would recommend not getting off at the Chateau D'eau stop, that's where the heaviest swarm of provocateurs hang out. Try getting off instead at Strasbourg St. Denis.





There you have it folks. This is at least a list to start you off on your beauty journey in Paris!


No comments:

Post a Comment